DISTRESSED ITALIAN TOWNHOUSE ON SWISS BORDER
Distressed Italian townhouse (1910) on the Swiss border without any extra plot of land attached.
The strength of this property is its superb location.
The house itself needs work.
This little municipiality has its own lake named Lago di Piano (see photo 1) and is set in the Italian Lake District with Lake Lugano and Lake Como nearby, where George Clooney has a villa.
It is an expensive, elegant location where rundown properties come up at bargain prices nevertheless, just like mine.
The name of the village is Carlazzo with about three thousand inhabitants.
The house is located in the historic center of Carlazzo.
Official Land Registry classification is "CASA DI ABITAZIONE" with a surface of 89m2 of which 56m2 is just about habitable currently during the summer with serious compromises when it comes to bathroom comfort.
The place needs a thorough refurb.
For those thinking about living in the house during the refurb, I'm describing the exact sanitary situation.
There is a toilet, which does flush only when flushed with a garden pipe mounted on the washbasin of the bathroom.
The bathtub can be drained similarly, after being filled through the garden pipe mounted on the washbasin.
The kitchen tap and the sinks are both in working order.
The new owner can build in the virgin loft area of circa 25m2 without the need for a building permit, given that 89m2 is in the books as the size of the house.
The cellar of 27m2 with a height of 1.90m could be turned into a parking.
There is a new water meter in the cellar, as well as an old boiler in the bathroom, a hint that there was electricity once upon a time.
There is no central heating and no electricity at the moment.
There is a large fireplace in working order with some smoke coming back, so the chimney should be checked.
First time ever connection to local gas provider ENEL Italia will cost €490 according to an official quote, the price including the road works involved.
Reconnection to electricity provider ENEL Italia will cost €390 according to another official quote.
• Milan Malpensa Airport within a hundred miles
• Lugano Airport within sixty miles
• stunning nature of the Lombardy lake district, perfect for holidaymakers, cyclists and retirees looking for peace
• the brand new Carlazzo primary school (see photo) on your doorstep about hundred meters away, in case you're living a semi-nomadic life style with a family and children, moving countries regularly
• two Carlazzo grocery stores of each about 80m2 in the neighboring street with a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, cheese, meat, tinned food, as well as an unlimited choice for pasta and wine
• Carlazzo post office
• Carlazzo Do It Yourself Shop
• Catholic church with almost daily services in Italian
• Bar with free WiFi
• public outdoor emergency power outlet to charge any electrical appliance for free, this cool invention is next to the local bus stop and fitted with electrical sockets and a bench
• Carlazzo hairdresser's
• Carlazzo library
• Bus service C14 about 5-7 times daily, going to the neighbouring villages Porlezza on Lake Lugano and to Menaggio on Lake Como
• two hypermarkets at a five minutes drive, Carrefour Carlazzo and Iperal Carlazzo in a mountain setting (see photo's)
• large DIY store named Brico Io in the neighbouring municipiality Porlezza for determined handymen
• Bus service C14 going from Porlezza to Lugano Switzerland making it ideal for commuters working in Switzerland
• Porlezza Saturday market
• Porlezza self-service laundry/washer/dryer
• several local pizzeria's
Looking to swap for: Looking to sell outright or swap for a property already connected to the electricity supplier and with a working central heating system.
Will consider any habitable property from 40m2, it could be a studio apartment as well.
It doesn't need to be a house for a house swap.
REDUCED ASKING PRICE OUTRIGHT SALE can be negotiated and I will take €40,000.
The property is estimated to be worth between €65,000-€77,000 by www.immobiliare.it, one of the largest Italian real estate websites.
This estimate is made for a lower category property of 89m2, for a rural house of 89m2 in Carlazzo without water and without the classification "CASA DI ABITAZIONE".
However, feel free to offer properties of lesser value as long as your property is ready to be moved in without further refurbishment.
This property is for sale or permanent swap through the owner.Contact the owner of this property
We, the owners of International Property Swap, have not personally seen any of the properties advertised on this website, and all descriptions and photos are provided by the owner or agent for that property. Although we make every effort to keep the International Property Swap website as up to date as we possibly can, unfortunately not all our members keep us informed if they swap, sell or withdraw their property from the market. Therefore we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description or conditions of a property advertised on this website, or that any property listed on this website is still available.